Its been a busy week.
Myself amd my team were grappling with the latest task of building a robot that can race up to a wall hit it then return to the start line and stop on its own.
In the process we stipped our board of last weeks and started again so as to try aid our understanding and also last weeks wiring was a tad messy.
There were 3 aspects to this task
1/ the board: wire it up correctly
2/ the sensor: wire and construct it in a usable fashion
3/ the code: the code had to be just right to complete the task
I took the helm this week and assigned tasks to the group and then I wired up the bread board while the others constructed the sensor and the code.
Alas we hit our first hurdle. We werent getting a flow of current through the control chip and as a result nothing was working.
I called over one of the lecturers to have a look thinking it was either I had missed something or faulty components.
After 2 hours, 1 LED, a complete re-wire and a new microcontroller we eventually discovered that it was in fact the bread board that was faulty.
So we swapped it over to a new one and et-voila it all worked.