After wiring up the entire measurement circuit I began testing it.
I started out with belling the home made probes to ensure they were still of high quality and measuring the battery pack supply which was 5.8V DC the reference voltage however measured in at 0.54V DC which is about half of our desired reference it was then I realised I had neglected to connect the 5V supply to the LM324n chip. When I had done so the Vref rose to 1.92 V DC when the circuit was re-energised.
For the initial testing I separated the circuit into its key components, I tested the output from the InAmp, the OpAmp and lastly the output from the comparator .I used both a standard multi-meter and a low voltage oscilloscope. The oscilloscope created by my supervisor which utilises and arduino nano to transmit data to the laptop where it is displayed on a graphic user interface he developed in python.
Test 1 controlling only one LED with the anterior muscle on my forearm
Test 2 controlling two LEDs independently with both the anterior and posterior muscles
Test 3: controlling two LEDs independently with both the anterior and posterior muscles with a new varistor pot in the comparator for the posterior signals circuit
With the new pot I measured both the comparators resistance for the posterior (7.23k Ohms) and the anterior (7.23K Ohms) so as to allow for comparison and ease of setting up should I require at a later date. Although I will note that the system is very sensitive as to the level you can set it to which will allow you to turn on and off the LED and it is quite difficult at times to achieve the right level, also as you can see in test 3 although a little more refined there is still an issue with the posterior light activating when im trying to activate solely the anterior one. The next step I plan to execute is use the oscilliscope to find out the digital units of the peaks which may help in further reducing any accidental activation, I will also be experimenting with placement and proximity of the electrode pads.